- Publication 17 Tax Guide (2016)
- Publication 4012 VITA/TCE Volunteer Resource Guide (2017)
- Publication 4491 VITA/TCE Training Guide (2017)
- Publication 4491A VITA/TCE Training Guide – Consolidated Changes (2016)
- Publication 4491W VITA/TCE Problems and Exercises (evergreen)
- Publication 4491X VITA/TCE Training Supplement (2016)
- Publication 4942 Specialty Course – Health Savings Accounts (2017)
- Publication 4961 VITA/TCE Volunteer Standards of Conduct – Ethics Training (2017)
- Publication 5101 Intake/Interview & Quality Review Training (2017)
- Publication 5157A VITA/TCE Affordable Care Act Taxpayer Scenarios (2017)
- Form 6744 VITA/TCE Volunteer Assistor’s Test/Retest (2017)
- Volunteer Certification and Certification Paperwork. Certification requirements for Massachusetts AARP Tax-Aide Volunteers (uploaded 11/22/2016)
- Massachusetts DOR Form 1 Resident (Draft 2017)
- Massachusetts DOR Form 1 Instructions (Draft 2017)
- Massachusetts DOR Form 1 Non-Resident/Part Year Resident (Draft 2017)
- Massachusetts DOR Form 1 Non-Resident/Part Year Resident Instructions (Draft 2017)
- Tax-Aide NTTC Workbook Tax Year 2017 and NTTC Instructor Notes and Errata. You can find these on the OSHC.
- ACA Compliance Flowchart (uploaded 9/21/2016). This Flow Chart is not intended to be used for all returns. If a District has designated “some experts in ACA” as go-to people for the few returns that are ACA complex, such experts could find the Flow Chart valuable.
- Tax-Aide Scope Manual TY 2017 Rel 1 (uploaded 10/18/2017). This manual covers the forms and schedules that volunteers certified through the Advanced level may be trained to do under the guidelines of the program.
- Local Coordinator Training (2016). This presentation fulfills the IRS requirement for all Local/Site Coordinators to be trained in Quality Site Requirements and other key elements of the program.
- Client Facilitator Training (2016)
- ERO Transmitter Training 1/30/2017. The NTTC developed this to help EROs with the e-filing process.
- Taxpayer pdf Documents and Secure Folders (1/11/2017). This documents describes how to save taxpayers documents such as power of attorney letters, brokerage statements, etc to attach to the return electronically. Note that saving PDFs of the return itself is NOT allowed.
- Computers Saving TSO Files. This documents describes how to configure your browser so it does NOT save a PDF of the return to the computer when printing.
- ACA Issues and Scenarios Guidance (3/30/2017). This document describes the ACA-related issues with returns efiled in early March 2017 and details the procedures to correct them.
Massachusetts AARP Tax-Aide
- Guide for Massachusetts Tax-Aide Volunteers (section 1 – uploaded 10/12/2017)
- Massachusetts Data Entry Worksheet (updated 1/11/2017). Peter Viles created this worksheet as an aid for data entry when preparing Massachusetts returns in TaxSlayer. You can also download an excel version here.
- Massachusetts Quality Review Worksheet (updated 1/24/2017). Peter Viles created this worksheet as an aid for qualifty review when preparing Massachusetts returns in TaxSlayer. You can also download a word version here.