- Publication 17 Tax Guide (2017)
- Publication 4012 VITA/TCE Volunteer Resource Guide (2017)
- Publication 4491 VITA/TCE Training Guide (2017)
- Publication 4491A VITA/TCE Training Guide – Consolidated Changes (2016)
- Publication 4491W VITA/TCE Problems and Exercises (evergreen)
- Publication 4491X VITA/TCE Training Supplement (2016)
- Publication 4942 Specialty Course – Health Savings Accounts (2017)
- Publication 4961 VITA/TCE Volunteer Standards of Conduct – Ethics Training (2017)
- Publication 5101 Intake/Interview & Quality Review Training (2017)
- Publication 5157A VITA/TCE Affordable Care Act Taxpayer Scenarios (2017)
- Form 6744 VITA/TCE Volunteer Assistor’s Test/Retest (2017)
- Massachusetts DOR Form 1 Resident (2017)
- Massachusetts DOR Form 1 Instructions (2017)
- Massachusetts DOR Form 1 Non-Resident/Part Year Resident (2017)
- Massachusetts DOR Form 1 Non-Resident/Part Year Resident Instructions (2017)
Access to Tax-Aide documents is restricted to Tax-Aide volunteers only. Contact your district or local coordinator for the password. Click here to link to the Tax-Aide page.
Massachusetts Resource Guides (Mass Manuals)
- Massachusetts Resource Guide Winter 2018 (aka Mass Manual) – January 2018
- List of Changes to the Mass Manual from the October 2017 version to the January 2018 version
- Massachusetts Resource Guide Fall 2017 (aka Mass Manual) – October 2017
- Mass Manual Addendum – February 2017
- Massachusetts Resource Guide Fall 2016 (aka Mass Manual) – September 2016
Massachusetts Tools and Quick Guides
- Massachusetts Tax-Aide Scope. This document augments the national level scope document with Massachusetts unique requirements.
- Massachusetts Interest Entries TY2017. This is a quick reference on how Massachusetts taxes different types of interest and tells you where to enter that information in TaxSlayer. It’s useful to include this with your 4012 so you have it handy when preparing returns.
- Massachusetts TaxSlayer Worksheet TY2017 (5 Jan 2018). This is a tool to help preparers keep track of the manual entries that need to be made in TaxSlayer for Massachusetts returns. It’s useful to fill this out for each taxpayer, then use it to complete the Massachusetts return and do the required quality review. It can be included in the taxpayer’s envelope with the other tax documents.
- Massachusetts Optional Sales Tax Tables. These tables are excerpts from the 2016 and 2017 1040 Schedule A Instructions — but in a much larger font.